Karla lives with her family in small-town Wisconsin, where she is currently working on a new middle grade novel. She is also an active member of the Wisconsin chapter of the Society for Children's Books Writers and Illustrators. Karla frequently visits schools, bookstores, and libraries to talk about her work.
In addition to writing children's books, Karla is a freelance writer for Catholic publications and organizations. She is a regular contributor to Living Faith and Living Faith Kids. She also helped create a religious education series by William H. Sadlier, Inc.
Karla is represented by Emily Mitchell of Wernick & Pratt Literary Agency.
• video review by Chloe K, child "bookstagrammer"
• Jean Little Library, librarian blogger
• book blogger Lindsay Maeve Schubert for Under the Covers with a Flashlight blog
• a child's review for the Center for Disabilities and Development newsletter, University of Iowa Children's Hospital
• MG Book Village blog with Canadian librarian Kathie MacIsaac
• blog interviews with author Valerie Biel
• with Write Now! Coach Rochelle Melander
• Journal-Eureka (hometown newspaper)
• Cynsations, blog of best-selling author Cynthia Leitich Smith
• We Need Diverse Books blog post about books that feature characters with disabilities or medical conditions
• From the Mixed-Up Files...of Middle Grade Authors blog
• Smack Dab in the Middle blog by author Jane Kelley
• Mom Writes podcast interview with daughter Amelia who inspired Meena
recent & upcoming activities
MEENA LOST AND FOUND
October 25, 2022
World Read Aloud Day
February 1, 2023
Virtual Classroom Visit
Hawthorne Elementary School - Mexico, MO
November 17, 2022
MEENA Box Set
February 14, 2023
January 17, 2023
Cambridge Elementary - Cambridge, WI
April 21, 2023
TEAM MEENA Book Launch
Mystery to Me Bookshop
January 18, 2023 - 7:00 p.m.
Family Fun Night
East Troy Elementary - East Troy, WI
May 4, 2023